MCA has vide its notification dated 10th September, 2018 mandated that with effect from 2nd October, 2018
1) every unlisted public company shall issue its shares only in dematerialised form;
2) facilitate dematerialisation of all its existing securities;
3) shall make necessary application to the depository in this regard;
4) shall secure International Security Identification Number (ISIN) for each type of security and inform its security holders accordingly;
5) shall make timely payment of fees to the Depository and Registrar & Share Transfer Agent (RTA) in accordance with tripartite agreement into between them;
6) shall maintain security deposit of not less than two years’ with the Depository & RTA in such form as may be agreed between the parties;
7) shall comply with the regulations or guidelines or circulars or instructions, if any, issued by SEBI w.r.t dematerialisation of securities of unlisted public companies;
8) shall submit a half yearly audit report u/r 55 of SEBI (Depositories & Participants) Regulations, 2014 to the ROC.
Every shareholder of an unlisted public limited company, shall with effect from 2nd October, 2018 shall
1) get his/her/ its securities dematerialsed before transfer
2) who subscribes to any securities after the aforesaid date, shall ensure that his securities are dematerialised.
The grievances of a security holder of an unlisted public company shall be filed before the Investor Education & Protection Fund. The IEPF Authority is empowered to initiate action against any unlisted public company, depository, RTA.