All MSME units as per the new definition of MSME (including those who are already registered in the Udyog Aadhar portal) are required to register/ re-register in the Udyam Registration portal (https://udyogaadhaar.gov.in/)
The classification of MSME units are as follows:
(i) a micro enterprise, where the investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed one crore rupees and turnover does not exceed five crore rupees;
(ii) a small enterprise, where the investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed ten crore rupees and turnover does not exceed fifty crore rupees; and
(iii) a medium enterprise, where the investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed fifty crore rupees and turnover does not exceed two hundred and fifty crore rupees.
(1) Any person who intends to establish a micro, small or medium enterprise may file Udyam Registration online in the Udyam Registration portal, based on self-declaration with no requirement to upload documents, papers, certificates or proof.
(2) On registration, an enterprise (referred to as ―Udyam‖ in the Udyam Registration portal) will be assigned a permanent identity number to be known as ―Udyam Registration Number‖.
(3) An e-certificate, namely, ―Udyam Registration Certificate‖ shall be issued on completion of the registration process.
(4) Aadhaar number shall be required for Udyam Registration.
(5) The Aadhaar number shall be of the proprietor in the case of a proprietorship firm, of the managing partner in the case of a partnership firm and of a karta in the case of a Hindu Undivided Family (HUF).
(6) In case of a Company or a Limited Liability Partnership or a Cooperative Society or a Society or a Trust, the organisation or its authorised signatory shall provide its GSTIN and PAN along with its Aadhaar number.
(7) In case an enterprise is duly registered as an Udyam with PAN, any deficiency of information for previous years when it did not have PAN shall be filled up on self-declaration basis.
(8) No enterprise shall file more than one Udyam Registration:
Provided that any number of activities including manufacturing or service or both may be specified or added in one Udyam Registration.
(9) All existing enterprises registered under EM–Part-II or UAM shall register again on the Udyam Registration portal on or after the 1
st day of July, 2020.
(10) All enterprises registered till 30th June, 2020, shall be re-classified in accordance with this notification.
(11) The existing enterprises registered prior to 30th June, 2020, shall continue to be valid only for a period up to the 31stday of March, 2021.
(12) An enterprise registered with any other organisation under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises shall register itself under Udyam Registration.
Copy of MSME notification in this regard can be found here