IFSCA has vide its circular dated 17th September, 2021 allowed all members of stock exchanges and clearing corporation in the IFSC to become automatic members of the bullion exchange and bullion clearing corporation. All new members will have to follow the registration criteria and make fresh applications in this regard.
The existing members will be added subject, of course, to fulfilling the net worth criteria as is specified by the bullion exchange.
On-Boarding of existing registered members in GIFT-IFSC
- IFSCA has received representation from market participants requesting for all registered trading members and clearing members of the stock exchanges and clearing corporations respectively to be grandfathered as members of the Bullion Exchange and Bullion Clearing Corporation. Accordingly, it has been decided to permit all members of the stock exchanges and clearing corporations in GIFT-IFSC to be enabled as Bullion Trading/ Clearing Members subject to the fulfilment of requisite net worth criteria as specified by the Authority.
New entities desirous of operating as Bullion Trading/Clearing Members
- New entities who intend to become Bullion Trading/Clearing Members shall follow the membership criteria and registration process for membership as determined by the Bullion Exchange /Bullion Clearing Corporation, subject to eligibility criteria as specified in IFSCA circular No. 415/IFSCA/Consolidated Operating Guidelines/2021-22 dated August 25, 2021.
- The net worth requirement for initial 6 months from the date of operationalization of
Bullion Exchange shall be as under:
- Base Minimum Capital
- The Base Minimum Capital for initial 6 months from the date of operationalization of Bullion Exchange shall be as under:
- Additional Requirements
- Any entity desirous of operating as Bullion Trading/Clearing Member shall be a body corporate, incorporated in India or in a foreign jurisdiction.
- Any entity desirous of functioning as a trading member / clearing member under the branch structure in GIFT-IFSC shall adequately ring fence the operational, technology and financial aspects of its branch in IFSC from its overseas operations.